Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bloglines

This weeks "thing" to complete was to learn about RSS feeds, create a Bloglines aggregator account, and subscribe to a few newsfeeds. This task was admittedly not a challenge for me as I have been using Bloglines for a couple of years now. I did take the opportunity while participating in this exercise to preview the coming updated Beta version of Bloglines and setting up my subscriptions. One of the best features of the coming version is that you can set up a Start Page with your favorite news feeds, so that if you only want to login and glance at anything new from those feeds you can without having to drill down into your folders to find them. I have not yet discovered the limit on the number you can put on the start page (there may not be one) but I set mine up with about six just to see what it looks like. At the moment, bloglines is allowing users to bounce back and forth between the two versions as the Beta version they are testing does not yet have all the capabilities the older version does (they plan to add them gradually). Click here to view my public Bloglines account.

2 comments:

**5p34k1nt0ngu3z** said...

WOW! You're definitely serious about your RSS feeds. You've got more than I do at home!

kkbookmom said...

Whoops! Sorry for the delay in posting a reply. Just saw your comment. Yes, I do have alot. Admittedly some were added just to play around with them. I doubt I'll keep all of them. A significant number are comics (I'd say a good fifty links). Might reduce that by subscribing to them via Dark Gate. I have a few on it, but am still playing with the idea of which is better, clicking on one to view several or list several individually so that I only have to view ones that I am interested in at the moment. Time will tell.