Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So what have we learned with Learn & Play?

Wow! We are at the end. It is finally here. I see others who are still catching up, and know of many who will still the next few weeks to complete the 23 Things. But is only just dawning on me that I am done and feeling a little let down. It has been wonderful to participate in an activity like this with lots of other people involved. I think that it is exciting that CML to is behind this initiative to educate the staff about Web 2.0 tools, if for no other reason than for them to be aware. I know I heard some frustration from people about how much time it took to do each of the tasks. The time involved really varied, depending on either the persons familiarity with the tool (if you knew nothing it might take longer figure the basics out) or their interest level with the tool (if you were just checking it out, you could get it done fairly quickly but if you really wanted to understand it, it might take longer). I do not think it is necessary for people to continue using all or even most of the Web 2.0 tools. If you have found some gem in the pile, that's great! At the very least, when our customers talk about one of the tools we have a clue what it is they are talking about.

No comments: