Tuesday, August 26, 2008

7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners

I'm a little behind in posting. One of the things to be done for the first week was to watch a tutorial entitled "The 7 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners" and decide from those habits which was the easiest and which was the hardest for ourselves. The following week we were to blog about it once we created our blog. I'm finally just getting to writing about it. I would have to say that the pace of the tutorial was a little slow, so I fell into the group of viewers who turned off the sound and paged my way through it on my own. The easiest habit for me personally is to accept responsibility for my own learning. I was raised with a natural curiosity and have learned over the years to be proactive in my learning. If want to know more about something or learn a new skill, it is really up to me to find out all the details on how to get that done. Oddly enough, the hardest habit for me personally is to begin with an end in mind. Not because I don't think it is important, or that I don't think about it at all, but that sometimes I am not always clear when I begin how far I really want to go with that learning.

No comments: