Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Flickr with a side of Mashups

Continuing with the play of exploring Flickr, I had a lot of fun with the Flickr Color Pickr. It amuses me that I could bounce around on various color choices and the pics matching that color shade would appear. The Montagr disappointed me actually. I love photo montages, and was curious to see how the application worked. I realize the difficulty in finding images that match the various shades in an image in order to create the montage but in very few could I make out what was supposed to be the original image. Thinking about it now, maybe I should have stood a few feet away from the computer screen in order to “see” the image. One part of the app that I liked was the ability to scroll over the images and have individual ones “pop up”. My favorite of the ones I looked at, though, has to be the Trading Card Maker, in which one of the groups is the Librarian Trading Cards. No, I have not created one for myself (though I briefly entertained the idea) but enjoyed clicking on them to read about others in libraryland. Oddly enough, I didn’t see any library folk I know though….

No comments: